Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

jj - jj n° 3 (2010)


I really enjoyed this band's debut album last year and am somewhat surprised to have a follow-up so soon. In style this is a very similar album to jj n° 2. For anyone unfamiliar, their a Swedish dream pop band, but that doesn't really do them justice since beyond beautiful atmosphere is an adventurous streak that brings unusual instrumentation into their music. While there are a lot of really good song ideas here that don’t always feel fully fleshed out. The music is beautiful, very rhythmic, and there’s an orchestral section that covers everything with a heavy portion of strings. The only downside is this feels very subdued at times and I find myself wishing they would just amp it up a little bit, which I think would give this a truly majestic feel. I give them credit for their creativity, best shown on “Let Go,” but the album lacks something that would make it truly great, and instead we have a good album by a creative band, who are probably going to top this album sometime in the future.


Link in comments

1 comment:

Max said...

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?2nmgmomm0j1