Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Orders of business

New format. I thought this would make the posts a bit more informative. This blog is meant to be something like my diary relating to all the music I consume, not simply a newsletter. In that way, it's sort of self-serving, although the ideas of sharing music and my thoughts on music, do appeal to me.

The number ratings are my way of summarizing how I feel about an album extremily briefly. Something I cannot really describe in words how an album makes me feel, and so I think my reviews are somewhat incomplete without these. That said, these numbers do not really represent an end all be all grade. It's sort of a way I can organize the albums I like into tiers. There are a handful of absolute favorites, a bunch that I like slighty less, and so on. I tend to look for a numerical representation of reviewers' opinions when I read reviews. I find it gives a bit of context to the review itself. Don't take them too seriously.

The RIYL was a recommendation from someone whose opinion I trust. I am probably not well versed enough to compose a complete list of recommendations for a given album, but I'll try.

Finally, the record labels who put the albums out deserve some credit. Do you ever find yourself enjoying a bunch of releases from the same label? There's a lot of music to be discovered. Also, the reason you're here... click the album cover photos for a special treat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

and of course, great work.