Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

SINGLE: Smashing Pumpkins’ Freak


New single released recently from their upcoming EP. I was never much of a Smashing Pumpkins fan, but having not given them a chance since their overhyped Zeitgeist album, I thought this single might be worth a shot. The song is not offensively bad, and I can conceive of longtime fans or fans of their recent stuff liking this. It does very little for me though. I think the issue with this band is that I want my alt. rock groups to display a bit more personality. Billy Corgan just bores me to tears, and the chorus of this song is obnoxious. The lyrics sound like something I would have heard in a middle school assembly. The lyrics are simply places over a wall of distortion, and in truth, it’s moderately catchy. At the end of the day, it’s all stuff we’ve heard before. Plus it’s Billy Corgan. The combination thereof does not excite me all that much, but here’s the song. Decide for yourself.

1 comment:

Max said...

hxxp://mfi.re/?g2mymjjjoyyywtm