Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Kickball - ABCDEFGHIJKickball (2006)


Kickball are a band I know very little about and cannot seem to find much information on them on the web. I forget from whom I got this album, so I cant do much more than describe the music and let you take a listen. I guess I'd call them an indie rock band with elements of math rock, in the vein of Minus the Bear or Pinback. It’s very rhythmic, with the bass high in the mix and the guitars providing more textures than riffs. It also has a high degree of similarity to latter-day emo groups with vocals that are delivered in a very plaintive emotional way. This resides somewhere in the middle ground between groups like The Promise Ring and Minus the Bear.

Link in the comments.

1 comment:

Max said...

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?2vhzmmut2xk