Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Blonde Redhead - 23 (2007)


I've read complaints that this represents a poppier direction for the band, at the expense of a more melancholic sound that defined them. I wouldn't know since this is all I've heard from them, but this is just too great to care. It doesn't really get lost in it's swirling haze of guitars, it manages to remain interesting throughout, with each song sounding somewhat different. The drums are very high in the mix as are the vocals. They don't convey anguish or despair like most vocals of this sort of music, but I hear a more positive tone. The production may a bit too crisp for some. I can forgive that though, because this is quite satisfying. Freaky cover art. mediafire

No comments: