Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer (2009)


Spencer Krug's side project has been an opportunity for him to play poppier music than he can in Wolf Parade but with a quirkier edge, both in lyrics and song structure. Longtime fans might object to the new style that sacrifices some of the quirkiness of this project for a more streamlined pop sound. I still think it's unique enough to be interesting. "Silver Moon" overflows with confidence, setting the tone for the album. Unfortunately it just isn't as interesting as his past 2 albums have been. It's confident, but not all that energetic. I'll have to update this after I give the album some more time to settle in. mediafire

No comments: