Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Heavens - Patent Pending (2006)


One-half of this duo is Alkaline Trio guitarist Matt Skiba. They play a poppier version of this gloomy punk rock popularized by the Misfits. It's quite satisfying if you like this sort of thing. Matt Skiba is an excellent pop songwriter, and every song is very catchy. The lyrics may seem a bit too dark, but I think that's the point. Sadly, they have decided not to continue recording, but this is one of my most listened to albums over the past year or so. My favorites: "Gardens," "Heather," "Another Night," "True Hate," "Leave." mediafire

No comments: