Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Conor Oberts - Gentlemen's Pact (2008)


This four-song EP was sold on The Mystic Valley band’s 2008 U.S. tour in limited quantities. I was able to find it in mp3 form shortly after the tour ended. Being a fan of his, I may be biased but I’d say it’s a welcome addition to his catalog. Two of these tracks, the dreary “Synesthete Song” and “Corina, Corina,” a cover of a traditional folk song, are not especially offensive but I could take or leave them. The other two tracks stand out. “Gentlemen’s Pact” is a catchy upbeat rocker with his typical social/political undertones and observational nature. “Breezy” is a pleasant piano ballad with some fine lyrics. mediafire

No comments: