Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Converge - No Heroes (2006)


They’re very versatile for such a heavy band. The sheer chaos is the draw here and its more tuneful and fully realized here than on any of their other albums I think. “Jane Doe” is a close second, but didn’t keep my attention as well as this one. Much of this is just unrelentless hardcore, but there are a few slow dirges like the intense “Plagues” and “Grim Heart/Black Rose.” This music is a spectacle in and of itself and I think there’s an appeal beyond metalheads and angry teenagers. This is for people who are interested in something different, something with an impact, and something that isn’t accessible. The vocals really give the impression that the singer put a massive amount of himself into his performance. For that, they deserve all the credit in the world. This is quite exhausting to listen to, but gratifying. I'm excited for their new album later this year. mediafire

No comments: