Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Metric - Fantasies (2009)

It's really hard not to like this, even though I really used to dislike them. This is a far more cohesive album than their past ones though. Furthermore, all the songs are really good. It isn't like there's that one or two I could do without. They have this radio-friendly synth pop down to a science, but they fail to write a song without a brilliant pop hook. Which ones I listen to is usually a matter of the ones I'm in the mood for at a given moment, rather than some that are better than the rest, but this is such a short album I can easily sit through it. Notice the random combinations of nouns for song titles (Satellite Mind, Stadium Love, Twilight Galaxy, Gold Guns Girls). At least it's better than "Succsexy."

No comments: