Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Dinosaur Jr. - Farm (2009)


I don't entirely get it. Maybe I don't have enough experience with the band. It sounds like a more abstract version of Nirvana to me. It's a guitar record, definitely, and if you don't want to hear loads of sludgy, noisy guitars wailing and screeching about, stay away from this. I'd recommend their 2007 album "Beyond" over this. I must say, though, that on tracks like "Plans," "See You," and "I Don't Wanna Go There" the band's sound is actually inviting, more cheerful rather than messy. I suppose the guitarwork is part of this band's appeal, but I'm not that big a fan. mediafire

No comments: