Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Cure - Bloodflowers (2000)


"Bloodflowers" is one of my favorite albums from the Cure, although there are a few I haven't heard yet. This is partly because it's one of their most haunting albums. I don't really like their more accessible poppier songs. Partly because "Watching Me Fall" is a hell of a song. But mostly because of the guitar tone which is surprisingly emotive (see "Maybe Someday" for a good example). I especially like the use of acoustic guitars on some tracks. Watch out for some really lame lyrics, but that shouldn't really distract much from the gloom that's so enchanting on this very well produced album. mediafire


2. Watching Me Fall (11:14)
3. Where The Birds Always Sing (5:44)
4. Maybe Someday (5:07)
5. The Last Day of Summer (5:36)
6. There is No If... (3:43)
7. The Loudest Song (5:10)
8. 39 (7:19)
9. Bloodflowers (7:28)

No comments: