Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Passion Pit - Manners (2009)


I wouldn't expect to like this as much as I do. Passion Pit are a synth-pop band from Massachussettes. The most striking thing about them are the vocals which sound like Jackson Five. I didn't like this at first, but it was recommended to me by someone I really trust, so I gave it a second shot. After about four listens, I have to admit this is pretty catchy. In fact, it's so catchy, the vocals actually start sounding alright. That airy falsetto complements these really great pop songs, somehow making the hooks really strong. The synths give this a sunny feel, and the drums add energy, making this very much a summer album with really catchy, well-written songs. LISTEN

Tracklist:
1. Make Light 4:56
2. Little Secrets 3:59
3. Moth's Wings 4:16
4. The Reeling 4:48
5. Eyes As Candles 4:08
6. Swimming in the Flood 4:59
7. Folds in Your Hands 3:39
8. To Kingdom Come 4:04
9. Sleepyhead 2:55
10. Let Your Love Grow Tall 3:32
11. Seaweed Song 4:25

No comments: