Click album covers for links. Feel free to share your opinions on these albums and keep in mind that what I write are merely my thoughts and feelings and I do not expect them to be shared.

Friday, September 25, 2009

A Couple Things...

Firstly, you may notice that 3 posts on this blog do not have links. Record labels or people claiming to have to copyrights to the music have asked me to remove them. You can hear the music on the label or band's sites most likely if you really want to badly enough.

I guess I should introduce myself to folks who pass through here searching for music. My name is Max, I'm a grad student in NYC for statistics. I love music and love talking about it, and since their are some great blogs out there that have turned me on to a lot of great music, I thought it would be fun to throw my hat into the ring.

My current tastes are quite varied, but I went through many phases over the years from one where I only listened to The Beatles, to an unfortunate "frat-rock/nu metal" phase in junior high, to a pop-punk/emo phase which lasted until college where I discovered that there's a whole world out there that just doesn't get talked about enough. My need to hear more and more works from more and more styles led me to the blogosphere (hate that word) so here I am.

I'm primarily interested in music that borrows from punk and folk styles, but not all that much pure punk and folk. I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan, and my favorite band is Against Me!, but most of what I listen to would probably be called indie rock/pop by folks who are into having consise terms to classify music. I am also interested in stuff like post-punk, post-rock, electronica, and anything that sounds "rural", and to lesser extents, noise rock, heavy metal, and even some more mainstream stuff.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and hopefully finding some stuff you like. If anyone stops here and likes what they've heard or has any suggestions for me based on what I post, feel free to let me know.

A short list of favorite bands/artists: Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, The National, Sonic Youth, The Decemberists, Bob Dylan, The Gaslight Anthem, The Smiths, Bright Eyes, Modest Mouse, The Felice Brothers, Band of Horses, Sigur Ros, Flogging Molly, and last but not least Green Day (their recent stuff has mostly sucked but their fantastic 2000 album "Warning" is still one of my favorite pop albums.)

No comments: